THE Football Association (FA) has set up a feasibility study to examine the possibility of England bidding to be the host nation for the 2030 World Cup.England, who last hosted the World Cup in 1966 when the Three Lions triumphed on home soil, was in the running to hold the tournament in 2018 but missed out to Russia.In a statement on Wednesday, FA chairman Greg Clarke said the body is considering whether or not it will bid to host the 2030 World Cup, with a decision to be made next year.“Last month the English FA board agreed to conduct feasibility work into the possibility of putting itself forward to be UEFA’s potential candidate to host the 2030 World Cup,” Clarke said.“This work will take place during the new season and no decision will be made until 2019.”Former FA chairman Lord Triesman has suggested England could step in to host the 2022 World Cup if Qatar is stripped of the tournament.Qatar’s hosting of the World Cup has been controversial due to the initial plan to hold the tournament in the Arab state’s summer months, although the schedule has since been changed by FIFA.The human rights record of Qatar has also come under the spotlight, but Clarke denied the FA would offer to host the next World Cup.“FIFA has chosen Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup and they have a duty to investigate any issues around the process that are rightly thrown into question,” added Clarke.“Russia did a brilliant job hosting the 2018 World Cup and we support the rotation of World Cup hosting among the confederations.“That would make the 2030 World Cup the next one a European nation might be able to host, and not before.“Anyone suggesting otherwise is acting disrespectfully to our global game and does not speak for the English FA.” (Sportsmax)
By JARROD POTTER UPDATE: Pakenham under-12s will play their first Youth Girls match at 8.40am on Sunday 12 July at…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
Audio Playerhttps://download-galwaybay.sharp-stream.com/KILLARNEY%20PREVIEW.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.Our tip today is Lagostovegas running in the 7.25 at Killarneyprint WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email Day three of Killarney’s July Meeting gets underway this evening at 5.55. George McDonagh previews today’s racing
All this means Pochettino will probably need to begin a clear-out of Tottenham’s fringe players to raise funds and reshape his squad in readiness for the club’s move into their new stadium next season.Manchester United have made an approach for star defender Alderweireld, with the Londoners willing to listen to offers and maybe tie up a swap deal involving Martial.5 Spurs also want Anthony Martial from Manchester UnitedCredit: PA:Press Association5 Toby Alderweireld could be involved in a swap deal for MartialCredit: Getty Images – Getty Left-back Danny Rose, midfielder Mousa Dembele and striker Fernando Llorente are all available, too.Pochettino had hinted that he might not stay at Spurs after guiding them into three Champions League campaigns.But after penning his new deal he said:Tottenham show off new stadium in stunning drone footage as 62,000 all-seated ground nears completion How to claim your FREE £10 bet1 Register for Sun Bets here2 Bet £5 or more3 Sun Bets will stick a £10 bet in your account “I am honoured to have signed a new long-term contract as we approach one of the most significant periods in the club’s history and be the manager that will lead this team into our new world-class stadium.MOST READ IN FOOTBALLRETRACING STEPSJack Charlton’s granddaughter Emma Wilkinson ‘would love’ to visit IrelandROY RAGEFurious Roy Keane launched foul-mouthed rant at Pique over Fabregas friendshipPicturedTOP FORMBrazil icon Ronaldo soaks up sun with partner Celina Locks on yacht in FormenteraPicturedON THE PAOLPaolo Maldini shows off shredded physique at 52 while on holiday with wifeLive BlogUNITED LATESTMan Utd transfer news LIVE: All the gossip and updates from Old TraffordExclusiveLOCK CLOWNPaul Scholes flouts local lockdown rules by throwing huge 7-hour birthday bashPicturedMADD FOR ITPrem aces Dele, Maddison & Grealish enjoy hard-earned break in sun-soaked IbizaLive BlogBLUES NEWSChelsea transfer news LIVE: Havertz deal LATEST, Willian move updatesLive Bloggunners newsArsenal transfer news LIVE – Latest updates from the EmiratesMISS-RON IMPOSSIBLERonaldo LOSES Golden Boot race after axe from Juve squad for final game”Daniel [Levy] and I have spoken at length about our aspirations for this football club.“We both share the same philosophies to achieve long-term, sustainable success.“This is a special club – we always strive to be creative in the way we work both on and off the pitch and will continue to stick to our principles in order to achieve the success this club deserves.” MAURICO POCHETTINO has set out his summer transfer stall after signing his own new deal with Tottenham.The Argentinian trousered a five-year contract worth £42.5million – and immediately set his sights on three major targets.5 Mauricio Pochettino has signed his own £52.5million deal – now he wants to freshen his squad with new faces this summerCredit: REUTERSApart from trying to prise Anthony Martial away from Manchester United, the Mirror report that Pochettino will be chasing teenage Ajax centre-back Matthijs de Ligt and Fulham’s rising-star wide-man Ryan Sessegnon.Spurs are preparing for life without Toby Alderweireld and have admired De Ligt, aged 18, since he broke into Ajax’s team in 2016.But the 18-year-old is also a target for a host of top European clubs, including Manchester City.And Tottenham would have to beat the club-record £42million paid Ajax for Davinson Sanchez last summer. GLOVES ARE OFF Klitschko helps Liverpool fans left stranded after flights to Kiev are axed 5 Matthijs de Ligt could be on his way to Spurs in a big-money move this summerCredit: Getty5 Ryan Sessegnon has guided Fulham to the Championship play-off finalCredit: PA:Press Association It is understood, though, there have already been discussions between the clubs about a possible deal.Sessegnon, 18, is high on the wanted list of several Premier League clubs after a smashing season for Fulham that has helped guide them to the Championship play-off final.
Andy Murray insists Novak Djokovic’s shock defeat at Wimbledon does not pile additional pressure on him to win the title.The world number one lost in four sets to American Sam Querrey on Saturday to end the Serbian’s winning streak at Grand Slams at 30 matches.Murray is now the favourite to win the championships, but he doesn’t believe that status will have much of a bearing on him.Murray said: “It doesn’t (make any difference) because, if I was to reach the final, then it may have some bearing, but it doesn’t right now. The drama was playing out on Court One while Murray was doing battle with Millman but he could not escape it because there was a huge cheer when the scoreboard showed the result.That came with Murray about to serve for the second set at 5-4 and he promptly lost the next three points before dropping serve.The 29-year-old insisted there was no correlation, saying: “Obviously if you see a result or hear the fans, then you think about it. That’s natural. That’s what everyone does.“You don’t just not see what’s going on. But it wasn’t something that was going through my mind for more than 10, 15 seconds while I was sitting at a change of ends. Then you get on with it.” “My draw’s still exactly the same. The matches, in the next round especially, are tough. Nick and Feli are both very, very good grass-court players.“The bookies don’t always get it right. They made a few mistakes over the last few weeks across a number of different things.“Your job is to go out there and try to win the matches that are there in front of you. That’s what I’ll try and do.”A third successive grand slam final between Murray and Djokovic had looked very likely before the start of the tournament, with Roger Federer’s fitness still uncertain and Rafael Nadal absent through injury.
Another day, another feature added to Amazon Web Services (AWS). This time around, it’s a managed search service called CloudSearch that delivers search results in JSON or XML. According to Amazon, the service will cost less than $100 a month for the lowest tier of usage. Oddly enough, Amazon has beaten Google to the punch.Search can be a problem for a lot of applications. Amazon’s hoping it can simplify life for developers by offering a streamlined search service that’s based on its A9 technologies, not to mention earning a few more bucks off of AWS customers in the process.Amazon’s CTO, Werner Vogels, says that CloudSearch scales up and out gracefully to handle an increasing load. “Amazon CloudSearch supports both horizontal and vertical scaling. The main search index is kept in memory to ensure that requests can be served at very high rates. As developers add data, CloudSearch increases either the size of your underlying node or it increases the number of nodes in the cluster. To handle growing request rates, the service autoscales the number of instances handling queries.”PricingLike Amazon’s EC2 instances, the CloudSearch instances are offered by resource sizes. Right now, Amazon only offers a small, large and extra large instance. The small instance is suggested for up to one million documents, large is rated for about four million documents, and extra large is supposed to handle eight million documents.The pricing for Amazon’s CloudSearch is a little complex. The final price per month depends on four factors:Search instances: Instances start at $0.12 per hour for a Small Search Instance.Batch uploads: Customers are charged by upload requests, at $0.10 per 1,000 requests. There’s a 5MB limit on the batch size.Indexing: Each time the search index needs to be rebuilt, there’s a cost of $0.98 per GB.Data transfer: Transferring data in is free. Out, on the other hand, costs you – $0.12 per GB for the first 10TB to as little as $0.070/GB after 50TB per month. Plus, if you’re using this much data, there’s probably a little plaque above a router somewhere with your name on it. What’s missing, so far, is any pricing for Reserved Instances. If you’re building out an application that depends heavily on search, and you’re buying EC2 Reserved Instances, it would stand to reason that you’d want to do the same with CloudSearch instances.According to the AWS blog post about CloudSearch, it’s already being used by ex.fm, NewsRight and SmugMug, among others.Looking at the steps required to set up a search domain and get started, Amazon has simplified search significantly. However, it still requires some content wrangling and tweaking to get the kind of results most developers will want.Why CloudSearch MattersCloudSearch is yet another offering on top of Amazon’s formidable set of cloud services. It gives the company a leg up over a lot of other cloud services by providing a drop-in service for search.It also demonstrates just how much muscle Amazon is putting behind its cloud options. The fact that Amazon has delivered a search offering well before Google (you know, the company that’s supposed to be pretty authoritative in this area) shows that it’s moving ahead full steam.Google has been talking about full text search since 2010, and it’s on the Google App Engine roadmap. But, as of yet, it hasn’t even made it to the experimental feature stage.Is search a roadblock for your cloud-based apps? Will CloudSearch be a killer feature for Amazon or just a nice-to-have? 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… Related Posts Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting joe brockmeier 1 A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… Tags:#cloud#news
Junior outside hitter Michael Henchy (6) celebrates a point during a match against Ball State Feb. 26 at St. John Arena. OSU lost, 3-1.Credit: Kathleen Martini / Oller reporterThe men’s volleyball season is quickly winding down and Ohio State is looking to pick up as many wins as it can.With just three regular season contests left on the schedule, the Buckeyes are set to take on No. 14 Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne Friday at St. John Arena.The Mastodons (17-6, 6-5) are scheduled to travel from Fort Wayne, Ind., to take on the Buckeyes (10-13, 6-6) on their home court this time around. The two teams faced off earlier in the season in Indiana, and the match ended in a 3-2 loss for the Buckeyes, March 5.“We lost a tight one in the last meeting, so we’re looking for some revenge in our gym,” junior outside hitter Michael Henchy said.Junior middle blocker Dustan Neary said the unranked Buckeyes are expecting yet another tough matchup against the Mastadons, but focusing on their opponent’s strengths should help tip the scales in OSU’s favor.“We expect them to be aggressive from the pins and from the end line, Neary said. “We need to key in on their go-to players and make sure we have a block in front of them.”Henchy said IPFW features a very strong offense, and OSU needs to do everything it can to make sure the Mastadons are forced to play back on their heels and on the defensive.“They have some really good hitters on their team that we’re looking to slow down,” Henchy said. “If we can prevent them from having a big game, then our chances of winning go up significantly. We want to serve them out of system and attack the balls they give up so they are playing more defense than offense.”Redshirt-junior opposite Andrew Lutz said the team’s preparations have been focused on IPFW’s offense, working to adjust the Buckeyes’ defensive approach to thwart its style of play.“We need to be good with our first contacts on defense. Once we do this, it’s going to be essential that we’re able to generate attacks to win some points,” Lutz said.Henchy said he expects the match to be intense because each game down the stretch plays big into seeding for the MIVA conference tournament.“I expect lots of energy from them because we are the Ohio State volleyball team and they are fighting for a better seed for the conference tournament,” Henchy said. “We will win if we play our style of game and outwork them on defense.”The match is set to start at 7 p.m. Friday.
Santi Cazorla has returned to the pitch after 21 months absence, according to Sky Sports.Cazorla revealed his gratitude for all the help he has received through the turbulent times with injury.The midfielder has revealed his eternal joy and gratefulness as he made a return to the pitch in the colours of Villarreal.The Spanish player last appeared on the football pitch during Arsenal’s UEFA Champions League game against Ludgorets in October 2016. Before suffering a serious Achilles injury that has ruled him out of football action for the last 21 months.Cazorla finally got back on the football pitch for Villarreal on Tuesday in their pre-season friendly game against Hercules which ended 1-1.“Very happy to be back on the pitch doing what I really like to do,” Cazorla posted on his Instagram page after the game against Hercules. Sergio Ramos would love a fifth Champions League trophy Manuel R. Medina – September 10, 2019 According to Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos, winning a fifth European trophy with his club would be crazy, but he wants to do it before retiring.“There’s a lot of work ahead but I’m grateful as I take this first step.”Cazorla ended his six-year reign at Arsenal after joining from Malaga in 2012 when his contract expired with the Gunners expired this summer.Santi opted to return to Villarreal for a third stint with his boyhood club.
Lorenzo Insigne has revealed he is always keen on repaying manager Carlo Ancelotti and the Napoli fans after his solitary strike won the game against Fiorentina.“I feel fine, I was just a little tired after international duty and the journey,” Insigne reassured Sky Sports Italia following his substitution.“We really wanted to do well and must keep working. I’m happy for the goal, but above all for the victory, as this squad deserves so much and always gives 100 per cent.”It was a much-needed result after their 3-0 defeat to Sampdoria.Sacchi explains Sarri, Conte, and Ancelotti Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Arrigo Sacchi talked about how Sarri has a tougher time at Juventus than Conte at Inter; while Ancelotti’s “blood is boiling” at Napoli.Arrigo Sacchi…“You can have an off day and that happens, but we gave a strong response on the field today. We know the fans are behind us and we always try to repay them on the field with great performances.”Carletto kissed the Italian forward on the head as he went off, a gesture he has in the past done for the likes of Karim Benzema.“I try to repay him for the faith he shows in me. He substituted me at half-time against Sampdoria, but today confirmed me in the starting XI and I am grateful.”